RE:window trim

> Subject: [T3] Windshield Window Trim
>
> I recently replaced the windshield seal on my
> 67 Fastback, Inge, and ran
> into an obstacle when trying to replace the
> aluminum trim."
> So, is there some stash somewhere, by someone
> of unused window trim.  Our
> cars are not the only cars that use this kind
> of trim so maybe we can got to
> the Domestic market?  What are some tricks that
> you guys have to deal with
> this.  or am I just a dumbass?? Or all of the
> above?
>
> HELP!!!

I don't know if it will help or not, I know that
the trim that was used on the Bus was aluminum
like the Bug and type3, but in the early 70's
they changed to a chrome plated plastic strip
that is installed in the same way. It however is
availible in bulk form, by the roll. It could not
be used for a "show" car, but the daily driver
could get away with it. I think I saw it for sale
from Sure fit or Sew Fine. You might try RMMW or
Wolfsburg west. Keep in mind that you must
install the trim on the seal before installing
the window into the car, it is imposible to put
it in after the window is in.
Hpoe this helps in some way.

=====
Friends don't let friends drive water cooled!

Scott Solomon
63 VW Bug
70 VW Squareback
Other type 3 and bus stuff