Re: [T3] backfire and stalling problem

>I was driving along when the engine
> stalled for a second, then backfired then the
> generator light came on and it stalled, all w/o
> warning and within a 10 second period.

It doesn't actually have to be hanging loose for it to backfire and lose
power.  I had a loose connection on either the ignition coil or the
electro-magnetic cut off jet (carbs), and the most embarrassing bangs and
pops were being produced.  Luckily, since tightening the connections it has
run fine.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.net/