Re: [T3] loose nuts

I've been so unfortunate to get loose nuts on all four wheels - twice! Once in my
73 Variant, the other time when I was giving a 64 Bug its maiden voyage after
finishing a $20k restoration. (The bug's owner "celebrated" with something nice
to drink, and couldn't drive afterwards).

It was the same thing that caused both incidents, freshly painted wheels. The
thick layer of paint under the lug bolt worked its way off, so there were
suddenly a gap between the bolt and the wheel. Not fun at all, although no
accidents occurred.

So, the moral of the story? When you're wheels gets new paint, remove the paint
in the lug mounting surface!

PerL
73 Variant L