RE: [T3] Fresh Air Hoses

If you disconnect them all the air that is used to cool the engine will get
dumped out the openings where the hoses were.  Your engine will quickly
overheat and probably die.  If you have to keep them off then you need to
seal the openings on the fan housing.

I would recommend you get a Bentley or Haynes shop manual so you understand
what you're doing when you make changes to the vehicle.
   Toby Erkson
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/