[T3] my car and its starting problems....

you all know i've been having trouble with the starting system of my car.
first i think its the battery, then the starter, then the switch.  well, in
the last two months i've replaced all three items.
now here's my scenario.
in the morning (usually cold and the car's been sitting for awhile) my car
does one of two things: A) i turn the key to start, then there's a 1-3
second pause, then the starter turns.  or B) i turn the key to start, and
nothing.  not a darn thing.
here's what i know:  1)my battery is brand new, holds its charge etc..
2)the switch is 2 months old
3)the connections at the starter have been checked, and tightened.
4)the little braided wire from the solenoid to starter if good.
5)the braided wire from the front of the tranny to the car is good.
6)the starter/solenoid are good, when it actuallly goes the car starts on
the first try, even in the cold (although it does take quite a bit of
cranking).

so what's up?  what else can i check?  what would cause the hesitation when
i turn the key to start?

by the way, when the car is warmed up for the day, it starts fine for the
rest of the day.  if i start the car, turn it off, then start it again it
will start up right away with no hesitation.

this doesn't make much sense to me...any suggestions??

mark
70 square fi.