[T3] re Corvair in T3

Someone here at work put the idea of a Corvair engine in my type 3.  Is
this
possible?  Has anyone ever given it the thought?  Input would be great!

There is a guy in another city here who has done 3 or 4 for clients. I
spoke to him a while ago when I was considering it for mine. He has used
the Chevrolet auto trans (because the engine rotates in the opposite
direction) on the T3 subframe. His advice, and that of a chap who had one
in a Beetle - "Fun in a straight line..." Bill Fisher's "How To Hotrod Your
VW Engine" has a section devoted to Corvair repowers. Can you still get
parts for Corvair?

Steven Carpinter
Christchurch, New Zealand