Re: [T3] Sunroof

On 12 Nov 99, at 9:31, Stieg Hedlund wrote:

> I'm a new member and I have a question about my '63 notchback I hope you can
> help me with: I was wondering if you had any thoughts about how I could get
> information (and eventually parts) to fix the sunroof on my car. I think
> it's basically gutted, and I have no idea what's supposed to be in there or
> how it comes apart/ goes together or anything. Right now, not only does it
> not work, but it leaks, rainy season is here, and I'd like to arrest the rot
> in my floorpan.

Yes, it is VERY important to fix any leaks or your car will be
ruined.

Sunroof leaks are prevented not by getting a good seal but by virtue
of drain tubes that carry whatever water gets past the seals
harmlessly out of the car. Late cars have 4 drain tubes, 1 at each
corner of the sunroof, but I believe early ones only have 2.

If you look carefully from above you can see the front 2 openings
when the roof is open. You can usually see the rear ones if you use a
flashlight against the headliner at night.

The Bentley manual has a good section on disassembly and adjustment
of the sunroofs.

Jim