Re: [T3] Tranny Probs

Herman Haustein wrote:

> I checked the plate and it is right side up and in the right position, maybe
> it moved ?

The most regular, or at least easy way to adjust the shifter is place it in 2nd,
loosen the two nuts, pull it towards left, let it rest, still in 2nd, and
tighten the two nuts again. I've done this succesfully in my Variant, several
bugs, Golf and Vanagons.

You mention that it is brushing teeth against the reverse, maybe the plate under
the shifter is worn, or maybe the spring that holds the lever up is not springy
enough.

PerL
73 Variant L