RE: [T3] a breakthrough.....maybe.....,

I'd add...take your time!  The advice given is sufficient to adjust your
valves correctly.  Just go slow and be deliberate.  This isn't something
that is beyond doing.
Practice will make this a very easy and quick routine maintenence task.
Make sure to check the nuts that hold the rocker arm assembly on the head
before you adjust the valves.  Just a quick check to make sure they are
tight.  I bought a car that the rocker shaft almost came completely off
before I got it home.  Hate those roadside repairs at midnight!!
Good luck!  You're learning like a lot of us have, but you have the list to
help.

Dave "soon to be spinning" Buckholts

Oh a few pics from todays welding on the rotisserie up now.  Should be done
early next week.  Keep you guys posted

http://geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/1911/walt.html