Re: [T3] fi to ICT carbs --and compufire comment

On 10 Nov 99, at 23:59, Andrew Payne wrote:

> okay so i looked in the archives for good juice on dropping in a set weber
> ICTs into an Fi type3. i found some useful info but i still have some
> questions i'd like to ask.
> i'm assuming one should keep the stock pressure regulator right?

No, the FI fuel pump and regulator put out MUCH too much
pressure for any carb. You will need to replace the FI fuel pump
(easiest is to just use a stock carb type mechanical pump) and
remove or just disconnect the FI regulator.

> as for all the breather hoses that feed to the air cleaner, should i just
> get some breather box and pipe all those hoses to that?

The best thing to do would be to connect these to your new air
induction system, whatever that is. Yes, a separate junction box
might be useful, but you have to be careful; such a box is likely to
become a place where oil mist and vapor condenses and collects.
Unless you provide a way for this stuff to drain back into the case it
will spill over into your carbs occasionally and cause trouble.

> oh, and some people on this list thought the compufire module would fit
> into a stock distributor, well with mine that didn't happen.

I think you have to buy a special version for the FI dist which
comes with a modified rotor.

Jim
-
Jim Adney     jadney@vwtype3.org