Re: [T3] Adjusting choke on PDSITs?

Before fiddling with the linkage, you might want to check the settings for the chokes themselves.  If the bimetal springs have lost some of their temper, your chokes may not be closing properly when cold.  Loosen the three screws, and look down the carb barrel while you rotate the choke.  Tighten the screws when you see that the spring in the choke just closes the choke butterfly.  If you rotate a little further after the butterfly closes, you will cause the choke to stay on longer, but you risk that it will not be able to open all the way when the choke element is hot.

By the way, later copies of the carb linkage had three rods of fixed length and only one long rod adjustable.  There may not be much to gain by messing with the length of the short rods on the carbs.

Tim Dapper