[T3] Gas Fumes Revisited...

I've had really bad exhaust and gas vapors since I bought my Squareback last
Spring.  And while I've fixed the exhaust smell by replacing the heater
boxes, I'm still losing brain cells from the gasoline fumes.  My fiance
won't ride in the car now that she's pregnant (hey, we were going to get
married anyway, so gimme a break).  And I have to admit, I'm about three or
four more rides away from coughing up internal organs myself.

>From previous posts, I understand that the usual culprit is a rotted-out
fuel overflow line.  Could someone explain how it works, where it is, and
once again post the part number (JIM??).  Thanks!  I can't seem to find
anything other than passing references to it in our manuals.

Could it be something else?  One thing I noticed is right after a fill-up,
the smell of gas was very strong even standing 3-4 feet away from the car as
it idled!  If you're in the car, you'll smell gas at idle and at very low
speeds (like trolling for a parking spot in NYC).  It's bad enough that
you've got it on your clothes after a long ride.  I recently replaced the
fuel injectors, and all of the fuel lines.  No leaks anywhere and the car's
performance otherwise is great.

JK