Re: [T3] scissors off the roof...

I assume a pit isn't an option.  It's another way to get underneath.  I
want to make one when I build a double garage over the next year or so; I
must find a transverse hydraulic scissor jack to lift the wheels up.   At
the moment I have two 2' high walls that extend the drive over the lawn
from a higher level, so it's quite comfortable to sit underneath in between
them to do clutch adjustment, silencer removal etc, without the engine
being too high.  Of course, if the ground is level, that's difficult to do.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.net/