[T3] stereo questions....

so i've been driving my square with no music, just listening to the sound of
the engine.  its driving me nuts.  there's a tape deck in the car, but it
doesn't work.  lucky for me, my roommate has a sony cd player laying around
that she said i could use.  so heres what i don't know.
this cd player has a bunch of wires coming out the back that all go into
plug type things.  but i looked at my car and there's no plugs to put the
wires into.  do i have to do a major wire rig job?  as in just splicing the
wires together and throw on some electrical tape?
also, i have no clue where to wire it to what, etc.
i guess just look at where the wires are connected on the old deck?
i'm a stereo/wiring idiot....help/.....

mark.
70 square fi