Re: [T3] Dual port manifolds

"Ginger D.&Peter P." wrote:

>     So here are some pix to find out what the heck these things are:
> http://www.teleport.com/~gingerd/manifold.html
>     My friend who gave them to me swore they came off his "stock '65
> square", but it probably wasn't stock when he got ahold of it.   They
> are stamped VW, but no part number.  The weird thing is that it
> appears as if they are designed for each intake runner to have some
> type of injector opening cast into them.  But the four openings are
> welded up.  I assumed they were FI manifolds, but Toby and Jake don't
> think so.

These manifolds are the stock Solex 32PDSIT-2/-3 manifolds for DP heads,
I've got a couple of spares in addition to the ones on my car, so I know
them by looks. I do know about these cast marks, but I've never seen any
factory mods on them, as in installing any injectors or other stuff on
them.

PerL
73 Variant L