[T3] Dual port manifolds

    Last month Toby and Jake came over to hang out and chat T3's at my
house.  Of course the after-dinner conversation drifted off into the
garage.  In my stash box I pulled out a set of dual port manifolds to
ask their collective wisdom about some weird welding on them.  The
collective wisdom didn't amount to much more than, "huh?".
    So here are some pix to find out what the heck these things are:
http://www.teleport.com/~gingerd/manifold.html
    My friend who gave them to me swore they came off his "stock '65
square", but it probably wasn't stock when he got ahold of it.   They
are stamped VW, but no part number.  The weird thing is that it
appears as if they are designed for each intake runner to have some
type of injector opening cast into them.  But the four openings are
welded up.  I assumed they were FI manifolds, but Toby and Jake don't
think so.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR