[T3] '68 Squareback/windshield wiper bolts??

Hello Type Threes:

I recently bought a '68 Squareback with unaffixed windshield wipers, and
I'm a little perplexed as to how they connect.

The posts the wipers sit on have no grooves of any sort; they're just
little nibs.  The wipers have slots for two hex nuts, one on the top and
one on the bottom, and I think they're secured on the posts by a screw run
vertically between them.  I have two of these nuts, although they're badly
weathered.  I've been by a few local hardware shops, and I can't find
duplicates.  They seem to be threaded for a 5mm screw, but all of the 5mm
nuts I can find are much smaller in both diameter and height.

So... the nuts must be weird VW only parts.  Right?  Eeef.  Anyone know
where I can get some?  Am I overlooking the obvious?

I'm sorry if this is idiotic, but the rainy season is coming! :)

Thanks,

Scott