[T3] Groove on cam gear

I'm fixing to tear into the ol type 4 to do a rebuild.  I read somewhere
that having a groove or two cut into the cam gear will give a decent hp gain
because the gear doesn't have to squish the oil out from between the gears.
Anyone have any comments?

On a different note,  Got the tool box all cleaned out and staightened
up--damn those things can get all messed up.  Got the fenders put in the
rafters,  doors hung on the wall of the shop and POR15 ordered.  Looking for
a sandblaster now.  Anyone got an extra one?  Things are getting exciting.
John (Jaranson) made some excellent suggestions for the rotisserie and that
should be done by this weekend!!!  The student that's gonna weld it up for
me just came in and hounded me about when he can get started on it.  I get
to pick up the steel today.  I'll get some photos up by this weekend.
Forgot the digital here at work this past weekend.  I must be getting old.

Anyway,  gotta order books.

 Later,  Dave