[T3] Roof rack mounting pads

This is what I did to replace the missing rubber.
First I took some new fuel line 6 mm and notched out the middle ( =
removing 1/2 of the circumference ) for the upright post.
This leaves something like:_____        _____
                                    O_____)__O_____)

Then one end is sliced helically (like a stretched out spring)
Slip the uncut end over one end of the upside down T and  spread the =
sliced end around the other.
A couple of dabs of super glue ( locktite 414 takpak is best ) closes =
the sliced end.
I then mixed up a small amount of Devcon Flexane 80 (a Urethane moldable =
synthetic rubber) in a small paper cup.
The roof rack was suspended from the rafters, so I went around and =
dunked all four posts letting the excess drip onto wax paper.
The excess Flexane was then stuck in the freezer while I waited for a =
crust to form on the dipped pads.
I then warmed it back up in the trusty microwave and gave them all a =
second dip.
Pour the unused portion of the flexane in little dollar sized puddles on =
the way paper.
Let it all set over night.
Little bumps of undripped Flexane will be on the bottom of the pads, =
trim them off with a sharp knife.
Your good to go. I also dipped my clamps at the same time.
While I used Flexane 80 ( the number is the hardness of the rubber =
others are available ) that Tool Dip stuff would probably also give good =
results.
I have carried Excess ( way too much ) weight on the rack and there has =
been no degradation of the rubber feet in over 10 years of use.

I have also made my own replacement subframe mounts with this stuff.  It =
took that squishy feel out of the hind end.

Chris Phillips