Re: [T3] New type 3 door seals!

On 27 Oct 99, at 8:49, Chris Picknally wrote:

> I just purchased the Brazilian universal door seals from Rock Mountain M.W.
> for $29. a side.

> What kind of
> adhesive will work the best. I'm tempted to try silicone down the center
> inside the slit but I dont know if the silicone will stick to the rubber
> seal.

I don't think silicones work very well for this kind of application. I
have always had good luck with 3M weatherstrip adhesive. All the
3M products seem to be very good, so if they make something for
your application, go for it!

You will have the best luck finding this kind of supply at a body
shop supply store. See your yellow pages.

Jim

-
Jim Adney     jadney@vwtype3.org
    Madison WI USA