Re: [T3] Measuring oil pumps

"Kooser, Jake" wrote:

> Man, this guy's got a lot of free time at the office!  Since we're on the
> subject, does anyone know if there are limitations to the size of maximum
> oil pump that can be used in a FF system without interfering with the rear
> engine mounting bar?  Also, I think I read somewhere - maybe in an article
> in the "every Hot VW that's not a type III" magazine that some racers use a
> stock oil pump even in big drag race engines because the extra capacity Vs.
> load on the engine ratio wasn't very good.  Any ideas on this theory?

If you have the dished cam, you can probably fit the 30 mm, if you have the
flat cam (as most power cams are), 25 or 26 is the largest, I cant remember
which I have. It will be a little bit too big, so you need to grind a bit here,
another bit there etc., to get every few 1/10s of a mm possible. At least I had
to, YMMV.

PerL
73 Variant L