Re: [T3] odd running :: and black interior FS

On 27 Oct 99, at 1:07, Andrew Payne wrote:

> okay so i asked the list a while ago about some weird problems i'm having
> with my 70FI square. what happens is that i suddenly lose power while
> driving, and then when i mash the accelerator it slowly gains power...then
> pow..pow...powpow a couple of backfires and then it runs okay.

I had a 68 FI many years ago that had occasionally had a similar
problem. I think it was overheating. I could make it go away by
putting the car in neutral to remove the load and reving it a couple
of times to cool it off. Try this and see if it works. If so, I would
expect that there is some problem with your 70 FI setup, because
this problem should only happen to 68-9 cars that still have the old
(superceeded) "A" brain.

Jim
-
Jim Adney     jadney@vwtype3.org