[T3] Body to pan gasket

Okay,  I have the body off and am getting the pan sandblasted not sure if
I'm gonna blast the hull or not..still thinkin'.
Here's the questions:
1)  I used this putty tape last time and it seemed to work well but if I can
get a body gasket I think I'd rather use that.  Any experience with using a
bug gasket or are T-3 gaskets available?
2)  Anyone had experience spraying POR15?  Any other product recommended?
3)  Paint the hull and body before mating the pan and body?  Scary because I
don't want to mess up the paint.
      (I can hear folks --- just be careful!!)
4)  I still would like some more paint schemes.
Thanks guys/gals
Dave ( I REALLY have a mess now!!!)  Buckholts