Re: [T3] Tell-tale oil drips

>I have a slight leak from the left valve cover.  It is on sqaure and
has
>a new cork gasket.  Should I seal it with Permatex/aviation cement or
>get a rubber gasket set for the covers?

> Then, put a bead of Permetex
>gasket maker (i think mine is high temp, that's just what i have, i
don't
>know if it'd have to be) make sure the gasket stuff is oil resistant,
put
>that all around on the edge of the rocker cover, then push a new set of

>gaskets into place on both of your rocker covers.

I use this stuff called Gasgasinch and it is the greatest. Never a leak
and the stuff is nonhardening so the next time you remove the gasket it
wipes right off with a rag, no scraper required. Its really thin so I
read it is good for sealing case halves and maybe even push rod tube
seals.

Jason Mooth
'67 Fastback
Oahu