Re: [T3] clutch cable?

Take out the front seat. Seems obvious, but I've rarely actually STARTED
this job by doing this.

Have friend push down the clutch pedal (assuming the cable isn't broken yet)
and you tie a wire from the release lever to a forward point of the car.
Friend releases clutch and wire takes tension off the cable. Vice grips on
front of threaded portion, and unscrew adjusting nut.

Remove pedal cluster and cable per manual.

When replacing cable the big trick is to keep the front end on the pedal
cluster without the pedal falling back and cable falling off. Tie a bungie
cord to the back end of the cable and to the rear of the car. Then you can
keep a little tension on the cable as the pedal cluster goes back in. It's
OK to substitute a friend and two beers for the bungie.

Nathan Jacobsen
'62 NB
'69 SB M/T