[Fwd: Re: [T3] Two into one speaker]

--- Begin Message ---
> Is it possible to wire a single speaker to take the feeds from the stereo
> outputs?

There are some manufacturers that make a Dual Voice coil speaker for
this application. I think the last one that I saw was at Radio Shack.
You might be able to buy or fabricate a plate with two 3 1/2" speakers
mounted to the plate to take the place of the single speaker. DO NOT
hook both L & R speaker outputs from your 8 Track to one speaker as this
will probably blow the Output transistors in the 8 track AND the
speaker.

> I don't know what impedence of speaker to use, should I add, subtract or
> divide the impedence of the two original speakers.

4 ohms should be the nominal value as long as you use a speaker that is
4 ohms or MORE then you should be OK.

I also have a NOS 8Track and a few tapes that I was thinking about
putting in my Notch for nostalgia sake. I thought it would be a good
theft deterant also.( No self respecting thief would want to brag about
stealing a 8 track)

Dana Hall
65 Notch Sunroof
77 Beetle