[T3] Piss poor mileage

Okay,
It's been a few tanks, and I can't figure it out.  My mileage has been
pretty good (23mpg city) for quite some time now, but it has suddenly gone
to about 14-15 mpg the last four tanks.  Here is the history of what was
leading up to this:

1) Ignition switch burned out, so I replaced it. Everything worked fine, but
I was not paying attention to mileage.
2) The car was being a little sluggish about a week later--poor
acceleration, poor mileage.
3)  It stalled in traffic, which resulted from loose battery cables (I
didn't fully tighten them after replacing the ignition switch--ie, user
error).
4)   I tightened the battery cables. The acceleration was better, but the
mileage did not improve.
5)  I performed a tune up without replacing parts. No improvement in
mileage.
6)  It is about time for a tune up anyways, so I am about to replace the
cap, rotor, spark plugs, condensor, air intake boot.  Besides,
unfortunately, I am going on a big road trip (already paid for it) this
weekend.  Perfect timing for the wonderful mileage.

I read in Bentley that  "high fuel consumption" is a result of a failed
sensor.  Which one?  Well, they said to test it--only Toby has a tester.
They also stated that it could be a mix up with the + and 50 wire vs the 30
and 50 wire (Bentley, 4-10.3 table A. "Basic fuel injection troubleshooting
guide" entry #8).  I don't think I changed any wires there, but here is a
little story about the ignition switch:

There was no ignition switch '71 t3 specific available, so I had to use a
B*g ignition switch.  The wire harness was not the same.  I removed the
wires (soldering) and replaced the same wires (matching the colors) to the
switch.  TherŠ?e extra terminal on the switch, so I left it empty.

So, any hints on why I am suddenly getting 14 mpg?

Steve