Re: [T3] Glowing Generator Light

On 27 May 99, at 21:27, Stan Schaefer wrote:

> In addition to Jim's suggestion, check the area around the bolts that
> hold the regulator down.  I had a similar problem at one time, it was
> due to the regulator sitting in a very rusty spot and not getting a
> good ground through the mounting screws.  A separate ground wire to a
> non-rusty area did the trick.

Stan is right. This is a very good thing to check. All cars since 69
have a separate ground wire from the generator to the VR, but at the
factory this wire was just attached to one of the VR hold-down
screws. If you look at the VR you will see that there is actually a
separate screw on the frame that will make a better ground. Move the
wire to this screw. If the ground wire was not getting a good
connection then this will help.

Jim