RE: Exploding Gen. Pulleys

When I had my 67 Beetle w/ a high HP motor, I would go through those
crappy chrome Taiawan crap pulleys by the gross.  I finally spent the
cash for a genuine German pulley which costs about three times more but
never again had to replaced it.   Funny thing is the parts guy would
just sell me the same crappy part over an over again until I asked him
if he had anything better.  What a %$#@!!  I figured I spent the same
amount for all the crappy puleys as I did for the one good one.

So, my guess is that you probably got a Taiwan reproduction (as I did)
which are øÙ' in every possible way.  I would definitely send it
back to them and ask for the good stuff and some sort of warranty.

Good Luck ,
Jaime
67 Fastback  (Inge)