[T3] Exploding generator pulley

I recently replaced my generator and whjõÚ=t to swap the pulley I
bent it a little so I ordered another one from Bill and Steve's. It did
fine for about 75 miles or so until today. On the way home I heard and
loud "clank" from the engine and the generator light came on. I
immediately pulled over to inspect. The outside pulley had cracked into
several pieces.  I thought I had the proper deflection on the belt so I
don't think I did anything wrong. I have been adjusting these things for
years and this a first for me.
Anybody ever had this happen to them? Any reason why it could have
happened other than cheap parts? I don't think I could have had the nut
too tight, or is that possible? I wonder if B&S will give me some sort
of warranty on it. The worst  part is I will have to have it shipped to
Hawaii like the last one. Anybody know where I can get a real German
pulley?

Jason Mooth
'67 Fastback