Re: [T3] Dual Weber what modification?

On 24 May 99, at 23:51, jk wrote:

>     I would like to hear out your opinion on this one, I have changed from
> fuel injection to dual weber on my Squareback 1973 automatic tranny few
> years ago. However I did made some modifications on my car to operate better
> with the dual carbs. Here «¡id changed from the fuel pump to
> electronic pump and it is still in the front. I have seen some people use
> the regular fuel pump in the engine area. Sometime I wonder which one does
> operate better ? The electronic or the regular fuel pump?

Any pump that gives the right pressure and enough flow will be fine.

>     Since I am no longer using the fuel injection distributor, I had to
> replace it to distributor 009. Also I am still using automatic tranny which
> I had to drill a bit hole into the right manifold and add a plug for the
> tube that goes to the throttle pressure vacuum unit(transmission area). So
> this way it will not ruin the tranny.

The stock setup puts a nipple in the balance pipe between the intake
manifolds, but what you did is probably fine. BTW, there is a special
vacuum modulator for use with the dual Solexs.

>     Sometime I am not sure what to do with the oil breather, temperature
> sensor in top of left cylinder head, and an exhaust coming out of cylinder
> head on the right side of the motor.  I have seen some people add filter to
> the oil breather on the WWW pictures. I wonder how they do it?

Don't change the oil breather, it has nothing to do with how you get
fuel in the engine. You can just unscrew the temp sensor and save it.
An oil filter should be added after the oil pump. There are some
bypass filter systems that pass about 5% of the oil through a filter
and dump it back in the crankcase, sometimes via the breather. These
systems aren't worth anything. Don't bother.