[T3] Auto Transmission problem

I have an auto trans on my 70 square. Its a new car for me and I am in the
process of restoring.
I noticed while laying down under the trans that the universal that comes
right out of the side of the trans and connects to the wheel has a good bit
of play in it. It seems to be the connection inside the trans, not the
universal joint inside the boot. How can I fix the problem, and is it really
bad? Can I get the parts?

Chris, Sedona AZ