[T3] Can you help...cause I really want to go to RTTS this weekend if I can't get things fixed its off for me...

Can you help...cause I really want to go to RTTS this weekend if I can't get
things fixed its off for me...

I have had a go at resetting my valve clearances, I have fitted new HT
leads, new points.  The thing is my FI fastback still kangeroos, splutters
and loses power when it is warm.  The whole engine 'feels' very hot.  I am
going to have another go at the valve clearances.  Can you tell me if I am
doing it correctly.

I remove the dizzy cap and fanhousing cover.  Then move the fan to the 5
degree TDC point markings on the fan.  Then adjust the clearance on the two
valves for cylinder No 1.

Should the setting of the valve clearances coincide with the points being
open on the peak of the cam?

Then I turn the fan 90 degrees anti clockwise.  Then adjust the clearance on
the two valves for cylinder No 2.

Then I turn the fan 90 degrees anti clockwise, at this point the markings on
the fan don't line up with the centre of the crankcase, should they?, and
the points aren't fully open they aren't on the peak of the cam.  Then I
adjust the clearance on the two valves for cylinder No 2.

Then I turn the fan 90 degrees anti clockwise.  Then adjust the clearance on
the two valves for cylinder No 3.
Then I turn the fan 90 degrees anti clockwise, back to wheer I began should
it be exactly the same point on the markings on the fan?.  Then adjust the
clearance on the two valves for cylinder No 4.

Also i have seen some pictures™Č.marking on the top fedge of the dizzy
showing the marking pointing to 2 o'clock and others showing it pointing to
8 o'clock.  Mine points to 8 o'clock.  Who is right?

I have looked at the timing info on the web sight but it doesn't give enough
info for a first timer like myself.

thanks for any help,
Mark
'73 FI fastback, manual