[T3] Inge, the '67 1600 TL

Well, it's official.  I just bought myself a '67 Fastback from the
original owner.  It has 128000 miles.  The interior is as close to
complete and original as I have ever seen.  I drove this car from San
Francisco to Oceanside yesterday and it was nothing but pure joy!  It is
truly wo†SÃhow these cars run when they are properly maintained.  I
have complete records of everything done to it.  I mean everything.  I
bought from a woman who after retiring 2 years ago suffered a stroke and
couldn't drive it anymore.  She never drove more than 10000 miles/year.
I have all the shipping documents, invoices and work orders from VW
AG.   It is pearl white witha red "leatherette" interior and a
"Wolfburg" AM radio that  still works great.  It also has VW original
accessory rubber floor mats with the wolfburg crest on them and they are
in great shape.  There are a couple things missing like the tool kit.
SOme mechanic probably stole it.  There is a chrome trim piece on the
right rear arm rest that is missing.  It needs a new window gasket.  The
first thing I'm going to do is R & R the shift rod guide bushing since
it's started rattling during my trek south.

But the best thing about the car is how well it drives.  How smooth the
power band is across the eintre rpm range.  It willingly gives you all
she has to offer and asks only for TLC in return.     Judging from the
mileage I got, around 26-28 mpg, this engine was rebuilt as close to
factory as I have ever driven.  BTW, it was rebuilt at 117,000 miles.
Case was line bored and evrything else replaced.

Jaime Gurrola
67 1600 TL   "Inge" ( PO name) VIN: 317 197197.