Re: SV: [T3] Embarassed by the mechanics

On 18 May 99, at 16:04, Sandin, Karl-Olov wrote:

> Have you checked that the small wire connector behind (in front of ) the
> left intake tubes has not come apart?
> That happened to me once. The wire is coming from connector 50 on the
> starter, and is engaging the control box at startup. With this connector
> apart, it won't run at all. If the naked connector is bouncing around
> hitting ground here and there, that could cause the clickering noise from
> the relays.

I think you're confusing 2 different wires. The wire from the starter
does not have a connector ¡J%¬ the starter wire shorts to ground
this will do nothing, unless you're trying to start your car in which
case it will just short the solenoid current to ground and make life
hard and short for the ignition switch.

The connector that you describe leads from the brain to the fuel pump
relay. If it is open you won't get any fuel pressure and if it is
shorting to ground it will make the fuel pump relay clatter.

Jim