[T3] how much?

I was thinking an possible interesting thread could be: How much time and
money have you spent on your t3? what have you done to it?  :)

My situation is this: I have looked at a '67 square. It is driveable, but
according to my dad (he is the one who drove it) it was difficult to drive.
He said the transmission was "loose", and the brakes would probably need to
be redone. He said that it could not maintain power in 2nd gear, he had to
keep it in first. Also, it was VERY loud ( I was in the back seat!)
Judging form the list of things that seem to need to be done on it, it seems
like the price of 2900 that he is asking is a little high. Is there anyone
out there who has done a lot of work on theirs who could tell me how much
this could cost me to fix up? How hard are transmissions to fix? I would
consider fixing it myself if he came down on the price and i could figure
out how much repairs wo¦Y®ply run me.

Thanks guys!

Dreaming of a t3
Casey