Re: [T3] Rich running FI

On 16 May 99, at 21:13, Jerryduck@aol.com wrote:

> I just got my square out after 5 years of storage by PO.   I changed
> hoses, injectors, point, plugs, the works.  After about 30 minutes of
> running the engine appears to be running very rich and loading up.  The
> exhaust is black and upon removing all the plugs they were black with
> soot.  This appears to me to be a rich condition.  With a carbed car I
> would know where to start to correct the problem,  with FI I have
no idea.

Yes, it's running rich. Here are 3 things to check. Do these checks
and get back to us.

Turn the key ON (do not start.) Do you hear the fuel pump relay click
once when the key goes ON and again ~1 second later? After this 1
second the fuel pump should not be running. Is it still running?

With the key still ON (not started), go to the engine and push the
throttle open. Do you hear a series of clicks as the throttle is
opened, but nothing as you release the throttle? If you hear these
clicks you should be able to put your hand on each injector in turn
and actually feel that each one vibrates during 1/2 of the clicks.

START the engine and measure the voltage between the D+ terminal on
the generator and ground when the engine speed is something medium
(well above idle.) It should read close to 15 Volts. What do you
measure?

Jim