RE: [T3] Gas in the crankcase (oil question)

Oil leakage:  Where?  Clean the engine and find out.
Could be leaking past the oil cooler seals or from the case breather.  I
know from personal experience if the engine has experienced a good amount of
detonation a crack will form in the case on the rear side of the #4
cylinder... :(  Valve covers need new gaskets?  Poor seal from push rod
tubes?

   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, R.I.P., ORPCA member
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/