Re: [T3] Auto out - manual (stick shift) in?

This was discussed a month or so back.  You've got the right idea
about the clutch cable, though.  This conversion was detailed a few
years back in one of the US VW mags and involves cutting holes in the
shaft tunnel from the top and welding in a suitable tube for the
cable.  If you can do it your¬3@+ might be worth it, otherwise the
cost would get prohibitive.  You might take the shaft tunnel cover off
and see if you have the clutch tube in there already, you might luck
out.