Re: [T3] Sparking Generator?

On 15 May 99, at 0:48, Steven Ayres wrote:

> JimA=> I meant a T1 end cover. This could be put on a T3 body and would
>     => give you a "T3" generator with a vented drive end plate.
>
> It would also have a hole for the spindle. Mine doesn't. The two vents are
> curved slots around the front bearing.

Ahhh, are you talking about the BRUSH end cover? Yes, that one has
slots in in. In fact there is an electrical screw connection that
must be reached through one of them.

I admit the possibility that there might have been a cover over the
brush access holes on the early generators, but I have never seen
one. I am certain that there was no such cover supplied from 68 on,
and no such cover, of any diameter, is shown in the microfilm.

This cover is a standard part on beetles however.

The diameter question has been settled by Tim Dapper. You can see
those comments on another post.

Jim