Re: [T3] Exhaust leak, rear heat exg, and overflow(longÍkčSun, 16 May 1999 22:31:52 -0700

Well. first off scrape all that gunk off your exaust pipes and get the
proper walker donut kits. they are avail everywhere and cheap so no need to
fudge it.

I may have another set of rear heaterboxes.  1 set is spoken for now and
when I get it out  (MAJOR digging) Ill look for another.

Bug me in another month or so.

Keith

----------
> From: Jacob Schroeder <vwsquare@hotmail.com>
> To: type3@vwtype3.org
> Subject: [T3] Exhaust leak, rear heat exg, and overflow(long)
> Date: Saturday, May 15, 1999 10:28 PM
>

> Ok, it's kind of late now when i'm writing this, so please forgive me if
> parts don't make sense.  Ok, first of all, when i installed my new 4-tip
> muffler, between the lower exhaust pipes and the heat exchanger,  i used
> some muffler putty crap that i used to patch up my heat exchangers with,
> fill the gap around the heat exchanger pipe and the lower exhaust pipes,
> hope you know what i'm talkin about, anyways, that stuff has cracked now,

> and is falling off, any suggestion on what i should use to fix that, or
is
> it really necessary?  I haven't got any backfiring yet, so i don't think
> it's leakin, just curious.
>
> Ok, here's another one, I've always been wanting to get my exhaust system

> back to stock, but, i can't find the rear heat exchangers anywhere.  Does

> anyone have any suggestions, i have seen every other part at Larry's
Offroad