Re: [T3] Sparking Generator?

JimA=> I meant a T1 end cover. This could be put on a T3 body and would
    => give you a "T3" generator with a vented drive end plate.

It would also have a hole for the spindle. Mine doesn't. The two vents
are curved slots around the front bearing.

=> I'm pretty sure that the early 6V generators were small diameter,
=> while the late ones are the same dia as the 12 V, of which there is
=> only 1 diameter. ... Someone else out there who actually has one will
=> have to give us some feedback.

Um, but Jim, I *do* have one, the original from my '66, and all the
earlier T3 generators I've seen have been the same. In '67 VW switched
to 12V on the T3s. The diameter of the generator clamp on the fan shroud
also changed then, and to fit that I can imagine the possibility of a
few large-diameter 6v generators for the odd 6V '67.  But I've never
heard of one, or of an original 6V '67 for that matter. Have you seen
one of these in person?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 Big Ghia