Re: [T3] fuel injectors???

On 12 May 99, at 10:00, Chad Montandon wrote:

> Just to be on the safe side Im going to replace the fuel injectors(the
> original ones) on my 70 FI squareback before I make a long road trip in ti
> this summer. This is probably a stupid question but,  I don't know much
> about old VW FI parts, so I was wondering if I have to just buy good used
> ones or if any company still makes injectors which are compatible with my
> system.

If you want to buy injectors you should just buy the correct Bosch
parts, but there is really no good reason to do this. They are not
one of the likely parts to fail on you, so this is probably just a
waste of money.

If you really want to fix something, replace all the fuel hose,
including that crimped to the injectors, and your fuel filter. This
will cost about what 1 injector might cost and might well save you a
considerable inconvenience.

Jim