Re: [T3] Tailpipe question

On 12 May 99, at 11:28, Henrik Larsson wrote:

> I have been offered a new tailpipe at a good price. The seller can not
> say which year the tailpipe fits. Therefor I wonder, are all Type 3
> tailpipes the same?

I THINK for all the years, there are just 2 styles.

Early style ( -71) has a two piece tailpipe known as the tailpipe
kind of like a resonator) and tailpipe extension (just an elbow).

There are bus parts that resemble some of these!

Late style (72-3) has a one piece tailpipe that is a larger diameter
combination of the two above.

The two do not interchange because of the difference in diameter.

Jim