Re: [T3] green tipped injector? should it be yellow?

On 12 May 99, at 13:49, ned_glenn@hotmail.com wrote:

> I was chasing down a fuel leak in the engine compartment (a '69 square)
> on sunday, (there was a puddle of gas on the engine tin :-(
> I found the leak to be coming from injector itself, so i grabbed an
> injector from my spare parts box under the hood and noticed that the
> other injector in the next cylindar over was GREEN TIPPED?!?  All my
> spare injectors aare yellow tipped, as was the broken one.

> So I replaced the green tip with another yellow tip and was done.  But
> now it seems that the car cann't get up to speed as well as before.
>
> Was the green tip putting out more gas than the yellow?

The plastic tips just pull off and can be interchanged, so they are
not a good indicator of the right injectors. The real question is
what color was the plastic rear body of the injector and what was the
Bosch # molded into the plastic.

68-9 came with # that ended in -001, all later cars came with -007,
but the -007s are the proper replacements for all years of type 3s.

It is most likely that the one you pulled out of your toolbox was
rusty from being stored dry and that is why your engine now has less
power. If the original injector was leaking from the hose, you can
carefully cut off the crimp ferrule and put on a good piece of new
hose.

Jim