Re: [T3] Rotisserie

David Buckholts wrote:

> Do you guys think that the bumper mounting brackets are strong
> enough to support the car on a rotisserie?

I would have to say no.  The mounting flange surface on the body
itself that the bracket attaches to would probably be strong and
stiff enough, but the bumper brackets would not be stiff enough
when you rotated the body onto its side.  They are probably
strong enough (the body would not fall off of the rotisserie),
but the brackets would probably bend.  Rotate the body around
enough times and you might fatigue the brackets to the point that
they would break.

I would suggest making up a plate (1/4"thick or so) that bolts to
the body at the bumper attachment points and I would add a
triangular gusset to the plate for side to side stiffness (what
the bumber backe?•òissing).  This assumes, of course, that
the body is solid at these points and not rusted away like my
Fasty. 8^)

I would also suggest that you make the finished plans available
to the List.  8^)

Later,
John Jaranson (I'm an engineer, but I don't play one on TV)
'71 FI Auto Fasty (needs to be spit roasted too to get rid of all
the rust)