Re: [T3] hazard light problem

At 22:00 -0600 11.05.1999, Jim Adney wrote:

>On 11 May 99, at 1:26, Dan Hoopes wrote:

>> Have a problem with my emergency flashers.

>The 66-7 system was a lot different from the later ones, so I'm on
>thin ice V›aÎve you tried this with the key both on and off?

>If you are asking about the indicators in the fuel gauge, then these
>ALWAYS flash together, unless a bulb is burned out.

This is really puzzling: I have a 1967 Square but it definetly does not
have emergency flashers - or even a plugged hole in the dash where the
switch might have been.  What gives?  Come to think of it, of all the other
Typ 3s I have seen here in Finland (two owned by friends), none of these
had emergency flashers either.  Maybe we are never expected to have any
road-side emergencies?

Patrick

Patrick Joel Morton
Rauhankatu 28 as 27
FIN -- 20100  TURKU
Finland, E.U.

Home of the V-Wauhtipiste Volkswagens!

                 - "Kraft durch Freude" -

1963 Beetle (Helmut) - Deluxe Limousine
1967 Variant (Urs) - Squareback
1970 Beetle (Otto) - Sunroof Limousine

"We have everything but misery, because that
can't be bought with money."
   - Kai Lehto, October 1998