[T3] notchback numbers...

When I have have sent away to VWAG for birth certificates on both my
Notches, I have requested production numbers and both times they have
replied that they don't have these numbers or didn't keep those numbers
or something to that effect, not even how many Squares, Fasties, or
Notches. I find this kinda hard to swallow, most every other
manufacturer can tell you how many variations of each model they made. I
bet that somewhere in Wolfsburg, in a dark corner of the factory is the
numbers for production, just waiting to be discovered. Maybe they're in
the old munitions dump in that mountain in Germany with all the
Schwimmwagens and Kommanderwagens that everybody is going gaga over.
David Walters
'73 1600 L Notchback (either 1 of 1 or 55,198, depending how you
look                       at it)
S. FL, USA