[T3] Points. What kind of fool am I?

Ok first off: AGAIN, my engine started idling low. Here we go again. SO
with Jims input about the rubbing block in mind I focussed my attention on
the general environment of the point rather than the points themselves. THE
CAM was ugly. Where once had been grease (castrol wheelbrearing) was now
only white residue like soap scum. Not hard, but not what I'm used to
seeing.The points themselves: one had pitted out, and the other had this
burr on it, right dead center. Now I just want to be certain, this is the
result of crud on the points? How does crud on the points manifest result
in this, digging a hole in one, fusing to the other?  This is really
frustrating because I'm fussy by nature and clean the points off with
alcohol on a business card just dragged through them every time I look at
them.
Now Muir says use a pencil point of wheel bearing grease bwetween the
rubbing block and the cam. Which I did. But now it looks as though that
wasnt enough and the cam just keeps rubbing the block down. Someone give me
the # for Standard Ignition so I can get some cam grease.
By the way: point hold-down screw is 4mm.

-Mike
72 Sqbk, 1600, dual Weber ICT 34s
Brooklyn