[T3] 70? Are You Kidding??

Jim, I hope you weren't put out by my reply, it's just that I'm saying
that there are limitations to the VW brake systems on any air-cooled
models. I don't think Herr Porsche had 100+ speeds in mind when the
brakes were designed on our cars. There haiŁytimes when I've stood
hard on the brakes in a controlled stop and had them slowly fade away to
almost nothing. There isn't a whole lot to do to a Type III brake to
upgrade them anyway, short of stainless brake lines, better shoes and
pads, or vented discs. You can't really improve on them without changing
over to something else and I doubt Brembo has anything in their catalog
for late model Notches. Me, I'll just try to remember what brakes I have
in the corners and try to temper my top speed accordingly.
David Walters
'73 1600 L Notchback
S. FL, USA
P.S. I'll take back what I just said about Brembo, apparently they have
a VW listing that includes OEM brake replacements for Type I, II, III,
and IV brakes, including Part # 08.2691.10 for 66-3/71 Type III's!
Well, I'll be! DW